Integrated Packaging Films (IPF) is a custom extruder of rigid thermoformable films and sheets that specializes in modified materials and specialty coatings with quick turnaround and on-time delivery. In addition to extrusion, our team also provides plastic coating, slitting, and fabrication services. We accommodate a wide range of project requests, varying in regard to material, size, finish, sustainability, color matching, performance, and regulatory standard requirements.
Below we provide more details about our services and capabilities.
Our core service offerings include:
- Extrusion. Extrusion is a manufacturing process that involves the use of a specialized die to form components with fixed cross-sections. We offer extrusion capabilities for rigid films and sheets as well as for high volumes of custom parts and products.
- Coating. Coating operations place a layer or layers of material on the surface of components to add or enhance functional and/or aesthetic qualities. We offer coating capabilities for flexible film and specialty formulations.
- Precision slitting. Slitting is a conversion process used to cut wide or long rolls of plastic film and sheet into more manageable sizes.
- Plastic fabrication. Plastic fabrication refers to all of the design, manufacturing, and assembly processes that go into making a plastic product.
Equipped with over two decades of industry experience and state-of-the-art equipment, our team can accommodate projects with following specifications:
- Materials. We extrude Amorphous Polyethylene Terephthalate (APET), Recycled Polyethylene Terephthalate (RPET), Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG), and Polypropylene (PP). We also produce materials for highly specialized applications, such as antistatic or electrostatic dissipative film for packaging and storing sensitive electrical and electronic equipment.
- Sizes. We cut material to the dimensions specified by the customer.
- Finishes. We can produce semi-finished parts to facilitate the manufacture of end products. Colors. For customers with a specific color requirement, we offer color-matched runs even for small quantities.
- Sustainability/recycling requirements. We aim to supply 100% recycled packaging materials to customers in the electronics, food, general industrial, and medical industries.
- Industry/regulatory standards. We can tailor our operations to meet the standards of various industries and regulatory organizations, including FDA, medical, and MIL-spec.
Recycled Materials from IPF
When people think of recycled material, the first kind that usually comes to mind is post consumer recycled (PCR) plastic. This comes specifically from recycling consumer waste such as water bottles; additionally, post industrial recycled plastic comes from industrial waste products such as excess plastic from a manufacturing process. Recycled material needs to be extensively sorted before being ground into flakes that ultimately become new plastic objects.
Utilizing these two processes helps the IPF team reduce the amount of plastic going to landfills and ultimately shrink the carbon footprint. IPF is capable of making up to 100% PCR recycled PET films as well as the ability to make sheets between 0.010” and 0.045”.
Unlike virgin plastic, PCR can sometimes have small specs, discoloration, or traces of other undesired materials, which can slightly impact the quality. In order to ensure the clarity and highest possible quality of our recycled plastic products, IPF obtains PCR from trusted recyclers that offer well-sorted, high-quality recycled materials. Although requiring more steps and higher costs, utilizing recycled materials is an essential step to more environmentally friendly industrial processes.
Experience the IPF Difference Today
For over 20 years, IPF has provided recycled thermoformable packaging material to customers across a wide range of industries. Our customers benefit from our ecological consciousness, an extensive selection of services (e.g., extrusion, coating, slitting, and fabrication), commitment to product quality, competitive prices, and quick turnaround and delivery.
For additional information about our product and service offerings or assistance selecting a standard or custom solution for your material needs, contact us today.